Example of activities
Here is an example of someone who is a Learning Technologist working for a university. He has been asked to produce a list of activities which have been learning opportunities. This is what he has listed:
- Set up and maintained a website for my work area
- Helped develop a procedure for assessing IPR (intellectual property rights) on published material
- Developed and set up a video delivery system
- Given talks at conferences
- Produced educational videos
- Been involved in a research project with another university
- Developed app tutorials for the iPhone
- Did a course on C# programming
- Planned and run staff development sessions on use of technology in education
- Worked alongside academics in producing learning materials
Once this list was drawn up, he looking through each item and ask himself:
- How much of a role did I have in this task?
- Which ones can I evidence and how, eg through a report or artefact?
- For which ones can I get a testimonial from my employer or peers?
- Which ones have particularly been learning experiences?